Students taking Recreational Sports & Fitness will develop skills and learn strategies in pickleball, badminton, frisbee golf and ultimate frisbee. Recreational Sports & Fitness may include other fitness-based activities, based on teacher discretion and available facilities.
Grade Level(s): 9th-12th grades
Related Priority Standards (State &/or National):
- Missouri Physical Education Grade Level Expectations (2007)
- MOAPHERD Missouri Physical Education Grade Level Expectations (2016)
- National Standards for K-12 Physical Education
- What concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics are related to movement and performance?
- How can I achieve and maintain health-enhancing levels of physical activity and fitness?
- How can I demonstrate responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others?
- What is the value of physical activity?
Enduring Understandings/Big Ideas
Students will responsibly and cooperatively work together to achieve a (course, unit, skill) goal with focus, effort (grit), and consistency, where each student develops an intrinsic appreciation for the pursuit of wellbeing.
Course-Level Scope & Sequence (Units &/or Skills)
Unit 1: Individual and Partner Sports
- Students will understand and participate in a variety of recreational individual/ partner sports that promote lifetime fitness.
- Pickle Ball
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Frisbee Golf
Unit 2: Team Sports
- Students will understand and participate in a variety of recreational team sports that promote lifetime fitness. They will create personalized programs and apply concepts in and with routine development.
- Pickle Ball
Unit 3: Fitness
- Students will understand the importance of fitness in our daily lives.
- Aerobic Training
- Circuit Training
- Warm Up
- Cool Down
Date Last Revised/Approved: 2018