Welcome to the North Gym
Welcome to the North Gym.
This gym is original to the building. It was used for an assembly hall and gymnasium as well as the basketball hall, cafeteria and auditorium. Until Kirkwood High School was built and opened in 1957, all KHS athletic programs practiced and held games here in this building. That included the Turkey Day game, which was last hosted at this location in 1949. For many years, this gym was referred to as the Boys Gym while the gym located on the other side of the building was called the Girls Gym. Today, our physical education classes are co-ed and we call the gyms the north gym and south gym.