KSDF Enrichment Grants Overview
The Kirkwood School District Foundation launched our new Enrichment Grants program in the 2022-23 school year and it was an immediate success! In addition to the annual grants KSDF has given schools for over a decade, we wanted to directly and frequently enrich the lives of our staff and students with smaller grants to meet your most urgent needs.
In our first school year, we granted over $7,000 to 20+ applicants benefitting hundreds of students in KSD classrooms and programs; with the help of generous donors, we plan to increase our budget for 2023-24 to accommodate as many requests as possible.
We will open our application once each semester and approve these grants in a timely manner, with the goal of making an immediate impact for you and your students.
- Any KSD staff member or school-sponsored student group within KSD (including SSD) is welcome to apply with the sign-off of their building administrator.
- You need not be a teacher; any employee who is enriching students' lives is eligible.
- Grants are meant for classrooms, clubs, groups, teams, etc. not individuals.
- There is a limited amount of funding, so apply as soon as you have an idea for a specific need during the open application cycle.
- There is a maximum request limit of $500/staff member per school year, which can be distributed over multiple requests (e.g., $250 in Semester 1 and $250 in Semester 2).
- While we may not fulfill every request, our goal is to fund as many as possible.
If granted, you agree to provide photos and follow up regarding the funds/items received. You agree to allow KSDF to use photos/stories about your grant to help promote the program. Please also ensure any photos that include students are able and approved to be shared publicly on social media or in KSDF publications.
If the grant request is for funds to put towards a program, service, event, etc., then a check may be written directly to the vendor or the school to fulfill that request following proper documentation.
If the grant request is for a specific item, we ask that you research the item(s) you are requesting and submit specific links to the items. In that case, it is possible that KSDF may purchase the item for you directly.
Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
KSDF Enrichment Grants Open Application Periods
KSDF ENRICHMENT GRANTS APPLICATION: www.tinyurl.com/KSDFGrants
OPEN APPLICATION PERIODS for the 2023-24 SCHOOL YEAR:
- Semester 1: Monday 8/14/23 - Monday 8/28/23
- Semester 2: Monday 1/15/24 - Monday 1/29/24