History of Robinson
Robinson Elementary School opened in the fall of 1930. The school was formally named the George R. Robinson Elementary School to honor a prominent community member. George R. Robinson, a co-founder of the Ralston Danforth Commission Co., is remembered for his philanthropic contributions and for establishing youth organizations in the Kirkwood community. Robinson School has expanded through building additions in 1937, 1949, 1953, 1987, and 2010. In 2014, Robinson partnered with KECC to open the Robinson Pre-School classroom which welcomes four year olds for their important year before Kindergarten. Robinson now serves children in grades pre-K through fifth grade.