College or University Scholarships: Exploring college or university scholarships is a great place to start! In fact, as you create a list of schools you intend to apply to, take the time to research the scholarships they offer. Institutional awards tend to have higher dollar amounts, are more likely to be renewable (provided you meet requirements) and may make a high sticker price institution more affordable. Since scholarships vary among colleges and universities, be sure to check the following:
- Are you considered for scholarships when you apply for admissions? What is the deadline?
- Is there a separate scholarship application? What is the deadline?
Consider Local Opportunities: Below are ways to explore local scholarship opportunities.
- Find Scholarships in your area with My Scholarship Central Search Tool
- November, December, January Scholarship Listings (PDF) - KHS listing of outside scholarships by month
- Kirkwood/Glendale Kiwanis Club Scholarship - Application Due January 26th 2024
- KHS Teacher To Teacher Scholarship - 2024 Application Available In January
- Kirkwood School District Foundation Named Awards (KSDF) - Application Available In January 2024
- The Rotary Club of Kirkwood - Application Available In January 2024
- Kirkwood Area Perpetual Scholarship (KAPS) - Application Available in February 2024
- Also explore Elks, Local Banks, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, National Honors Society, etc. Does your parent/guardian’s employer offer a scholarship or tuition reimbursement?
Consider Employers That Offer Tuition Aid
- Chick-fil-A Sunset Hills (PDF) - Offers free online tuition, through Point University, for employees.
- Chick-fil-A Des Peres (PDF) - Offers free online tuition, through Missouri Baptist University, for employees.