FINANCIAL AID FORMS
FAFSA: The FAFSA stands for the Free Application For Federal Student Aid, emphasis on FREE APPLICATION. Never pay someone to complete this. File the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov as soon after October 1st of the student's senior year. As of now, the Federal Government does not have a deadline for the Federal Pell Grant. However, Universities have their own FAFSA deadlines for the "Institutional Grants" they award. The state of Missouri also has a FAFSA deadline for the Missouri Access Grant. Be sure to check on both of these deadlines to receive maximum funding. Learn more about the FAFSA
Need help completing the FAFSA?
- The Scholarship Foundation of St Louis is a local organization offering a variety of workshops to answer your questions and help you to complete the FAFSA. The Scholarship Foundation
- Free Financial Aid Workshops & FAFSA Completion Support: The Scholarship Foundation is hosting free Financial Aid Workshops to help students and families navigate the financial aid process. FAFSA completion support is offered one-on-one, by appointment.
- FAFSA Guide: A FAFSA Workbook created by The Scholarship Foundation.
- Creating a FAFSA ID: How to create a FSA ID from The Scholarship Foundation.
- The government also offers the Federal Student Aid hotline in order to answer your questions. The number is 1.800.4.FED.AID (1.800.433.3243).
- The financial aid offices at your child’s prospective colleges are a convenient and informative resource.
CSS PROFILE: Some selective colleges require the CSS Profile. Those schools requiring the CSS Profile will indicate this in all of their literature. Visit the website after that date and make sure you meet the deadline of the particular college to which you are applying. Learn more & apply for the CSS Profile