COURSE SELECTION IS COMPLETE FOR CURRENT KSD STUDENTS.
Schedules will be available during the Back-to-School Days at the beginning of August 2023.
Kirkwood High School students work on and update their personal Academic Plan each fall. If you have questions, concerns or need to make a change, contact your Grade Level or College & Career Counselor. We are here to provide support and counsel.
- 9th Grade: Taylor.Sebestik@kirkwoodschools.org - Class of 2027
- 10th Grade: Joe.Fisch@kirkwoodschools.org - Class of 2026
- 11th Grade: Rachel.Cosic@kirkwoodschools.org - Class of 2025
- 12th Grade: Robin.Giden-Kennedy@kirkwoodschools.org - Class of 2024
College & Career Counselor (Last Name starting A-K): Joshua.Jaworowski@kirkwoodschools.org
College & Career Counselor (Last Name starting L-Z): Abby.Peterson@kirkwoodschools.org
FOR RISING 9TH GRADERS (Class of 2027) NEW TO KIRKWOOD HIGH SCHOOL
Below are tools and videos we sent to our current middle school 8th graders during the course selection process. The information might be helpful for future KHS enrollees for the 2023-2024 school year:
- 8th Course Selection Video (approx 24 minutes in length)
- 8th Course Selection Worksheet
- Q&A Webinar from January 19, 2021
- KHS Course Description Book
For more New Student information, please check out our Prospective Students page.
The counselors encourage students to reflect on their interests and strengths when selecting classes as well as have conversations with parents and teachers to help navigate their course load. While choosing courses, please consider the following:
- Your areas of interest and career aspirations
- Post-secondary goals
- Rigorous but balanced course load