Kirkwood High School has four grade level counselors to provide academic, social, and emotional support to students throughout their high school career. KHS also has social workers and educational support couneslors on staff who work in tandem with grade level counselors to meet the needs of students.
As a counseling team, we strive to provide programming, responsive services, systems support and individual student planning. We encourage students to make appointments with their grade level counselor to discuss concerns. Please see our Counseling Center homepage for contact information.
For immediate concerns about your student please see the below resources:
- Behavioral Health Response: BHR provides confidential telephone counseling to people in mental health crisises as well as mobile outreach services, community referral services and critical incident stress management (CISM).
St. Louis County Youth Hotline: (314) 628-2929 or Toll Free (877) 928-2929 / Text: 4HLP to 31658
St. Louis City Youth Hotline: (314) 485-4635 or Toll Free (844) 336-2435 / Text: 2TALK to 31658
- Safe Connections Crisis Helpline: 314.531.2003
Safe Connections helpline is for adults and youth of all genders who have experienced rape, domestic or dating abuse (physical, sexual or emotional), sex trafficking, and/or childhood sexual abuse.
- SAMHSA National Helpline: 1.800.662.HELP (4357)
SAMHSA’s National Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
- Missouri 988: Call, Text, or Chat 988
The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline is a 3-digit phone number that can connect anyone experiencing a mental health, suicide, or substance use crisis to free and confidential support anytime they need it.
For more resources and information see below:
- Being the parent of a teen can be hard and confusing. There is a free service offered through the St. Louis Childrens Hospital that helps parents of teens. Call 454.TEEN (314.454.8336)
Visit our Virtual Calming Room for tools and strategies for managing emotions and feelings. We are here to support you!