Join KHS Choir!
NEW Class--Music Recording and Production
Music Theory Class
The KHS Vocal Music program offers something for every singer and music lover. Six choirs perform music ranging from traditional choral pieces to the American song book to modern jazz.
Come Hear Us! Concerts Coming Up...
- We don't know when we'll be able to have in person concerts again, but when we do, you'll see them here!
Parents - Volunteer Opportunities
Parent volunteers help keep things humming. To volunteer, please contact Mrs. Elizabeth Wright in the Music Office, or just email Mr. Cannon.
Students - There Is A KHS Choir For You!
- Women's Chorus and Men's Voice Class - For students in grades 9-12. No audition required; no previous course required. Develop your singing voice, learn sight-reading, tone production, intonation, rhythm and ensemble singing. Public performances. 1 Fine Arts credit.
- A Cappella Concert Choir- For students in grades 10-12. Audition required. Hone your skills in tone production, intonation, rhythm, ensemble singing and sight-reading by performing music from a wide range of historical periods and world cultures. Public performances in and outside of school. 1 Fine Arts credit.
- Kaleidoscope- For students in grades 10-12. Audition required. Be part of this vocal jazz ensemble and learn to sing three- and four-part music, how to improvise, how to interpret contemporary vocal music scores, and study the melodic, rhythmic and harmonic structures in vocal jazz and popular choral music. Learn to sing with a sound system, with and without instrumental accompaniment. Public performances inside and outside of school. 1 Fine Arts credit.
- Prism- An extracurricular jazz choir for students of all grades. Audition required. Rehearses once a week in the evening and performs with the other jazz choir, Kaleidoscope, 3-5 times a year. Great for students wanting to develop their jazz techniques but unable to take the Kaleidoscope class. Auditions are held in the spring for the following year.
- Chamber Choir - An extracurricular choir that performs madrigals and various other types of medieval, Renaissance, and chamber music. Audition required. Rehearses once a week in the evening and performs at 3-4 concerts with A Cappella in addition to extra performances for various groups, such as the Rotary Club, particularly during the winter season. Auditions are held early in the school year.