2023-24 ACADEMIC ELIGIBILITY, ENROLLMENT & ATTENDANCE
To be eligible for participation in Kirkwood High School athletics, a student must meet the following standards:
- Be legally enrolled as a student at Kirkwood High School.
- Have a completed, valid (after June 30, 2022) Physical Packet, signed by physician, student and parent/guardian on file in the athlete's PRIVIT profile.
- Be enrolled in 3.0 units of credit in the semester(s) of participation.
- All 9th-12th grade students must pass 3.0 units of credit in the semester preceding the season of completion to be academically eligible.
- All incoming 9th grade students gain academic eligibility to participate in athletics in their first high school semester.
- Note: A student who was academically ineligible the preceding semester, but meets the academic standard at the close of that semester becomes eligible the fifth day he or she attends classes in the succeeding semester.
- Be present at least ½ day of any school day for participation in practices, games or meets on that day. (Any exceptions must be ruled upon by the high school principal.)
- Comply with all Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA) policies.
- All athletes must first participate in 14 practices before they will be allowed to participate in official contests.
- Note: Students who have participated in and completed a preceding athletic season are exempt from the practice rule stated above. This exemption covers only winter and spring athletes in the given academic year.