Prop R on the April 6, 2021 ballot will make improvements to all schools. Improvements in Prop R that were not included in the $45M plan also known as the Blue Plan. Thie Blue Plan was not placed on the ballot.
- Doubling the additional classrooms at Kirkwood High School from 7 classrooms to 15.
- Adding a security office and secure entrance on the Essex side of the high school campus. This will give us security and visibility on both sides of the campus.
- Adding security cameras and exterior lighting to all schools.
- Improved accessibility for students with special needs at six schools. Including additional ramps, lifts, and elevator upgrades.
- Additional art and music classrooms at Tillman and Westchester.
- Additional and upgraded restrooms at seven schools.
- Repair and maintenance of infrastructure such as heating, cooling, windows, and doors.
Prop S was on the ballot in June (postponed from April 2020).
The main difference between Prop R and Prop S is that Prop S included a new elementary school on the 13-acre property at Lindeman and Dougherty Ferry, which has been owned by the District since 1960s.
Prop R does not include a new elementary school. The additions outlined above are also notable differences between Prop R and Prop S.