The Robinson Elementary School Counseling Program promotes and enhances the learning process of all students. An overall goal of the program is to enable all students to achieve success in school and to develop into future contributing members of our society. Robinson counselors provide an equitable approach wherein we:
- Continuously assess our students’ needs;
- Identify barriers and obstacles that may be hindering our students’ success; and
- Advocate for programmatic efforts to eliminate these barriers.
In addition, every student will be socially, emotionally, and academically prepared. Our goal is that every student will:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward themselves as a unique and worthy person.
- Gain life-planning and problem-solving skills that are consistent with their needs, interests, and abilities.
- Develop responsible social skills and an understanding of being a contributing member of society.
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the life-long process of learning, changing, and growing.
To reach this goal, students are provided with opportunities to gain an understanding of themselves and others, and to participate in emotional and educational exploration in an environment that is safe, caring, and encouraging. Counselors work in collaborative partnerships with all students, teachers, administrators, parents, and community members to empower students.